Customer Success Manager
We are a fast-growing company, with an innovative product that has achieved strong product-market fit and sales success and the next step in our evolution is to increase our Customer Success capabilities to match that. Basically, we are building together a team that will help us:
- Support our customers through the setup and implementation of our product. All the way from setting things up, to launching knowledge programs, to measuring results.
- Help expand feature usage among our customers
- Educate customers on new features and capabilities
- Expand accounts finding new opportunities on existing customers
- Expand accounts by selling additional products to existing customers
- Train our CSM team in Europe and North America as we expand operations there
Let's start by talking about what's absolutely required for you to be considered for this job.
- People that work with you usually find you to be an amazing team player.
- You are an active listener and can understand what someone is saying and also what's not being said.
- You are a great communicator, able to synthesize ideas and concepts clearly
- You are a fast learner and you are not afraid to say "I don't know". In fact, you love saying that. You actually love it so much that you seek for things you don't know to learn and become a better professional. You are very diligent about learning. You research on your own and you seek for mentors when needed.
Strong English skills (you will be required to speak with customers and partners worldwide)
OK, now that we got that out of the way, let's look into one of the profiles you might fit into. We believe there are 4 types of people that will be great for this job.
People that have worked on L&D departments and have managed online learning programs: they can contribute with domain knowledge while they learn the CSM techniques.
People that are experienced CSM: You know how to handle customers, increase usage, unlock new opportunities, assess satisfaction, etc. You can help us build a world-class process as you learn about our business.
Technical people, willing to become business-oriented: some of our customer discussions can get very technical, so can some of our implementations - we usually help them through integrations. If you are a technical person (previous tech experience as a developer or product manager) and are willing to join our Customer Success team, you might have a lot to offer.
None of the above but you still think you are the right fit: we'd love to hear you tell us why.